Book An Appointment
pain management Therapies
Ayurveda employs a number of natural remedies to bring the body and mind back into equilibrium. Ayurvedic medicine places a high value on pain treatment. There are numerous Ayurvedic pain relief remedies available, including:
- Abhyanga: An Ayurvedic massage technique that uses heated herbal oils to stimulate circulation and induce relaxation. Abhyanga is thought to help relieve pain by increasing blood flow and decreasing muscle tension.
- Panchakarma: cleansing and revitalizing therapy that combines food, massage, and herbal therapies. Panchakarma is thought to help remove toxins from the body and balance the doshas, reducing pain and inflammation.
- Yoga and meditation are frequently suggested as part of an Ayurvedic pain management approach. These help to reduce tension, enhance flexibility, and raise body awareness and can aid with pain relief and overall wellness.
- Herbal Remedies: Ayurvedic medicines including herbs are thought to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, which can aid with pain relief and overall health.
- Dietary Changes: Ayurvedic practitioners may also advise food adjustments as part of a pain management approach. This may entail avoiding items thought to worsen pain, such as processed foods and sweets, and increasing the intake of foods thought to relieve pain,.
Abhyanga is an Ayurvedic therapy that involves full-body massage using warm medicated oil. The word “abhyanga” literally means “to anoint with oil.” During an Abhyanga treatment, the practitioner uses long strokes and circular motions to apply warm oil to the entire body, including the scalp and feet. The oil is selected based on the individual’s constitution and health needs.
- Relaxation: deeply relaxing and reduce stress and tension in the body and mind.
- Improved Circulation: improve blood flow and circulation, promote healing and rejuvenation.
- Detoxification: The oil used in Abhyanga is believed to help draw toxins out of the body
- Pain Relief: muscle tension and joint pain
- Improved Skin Health: The oil used in Abhyanga can help to moisturize and nourish the skin
- Improved Sleep: promote relaxation and improve sleep quality
Kati Vasti is an Ayurvedic therapy that consists of a lower back treatment. “Kati” relates to the waist, while “vasti” means “container.” A tiny well is formed around the lower back area during a Kati Vasti treatment using dough made of black gramme flour or wheat flour. The well is then filled with warm therapeutic oil, which is allowed to soak into the skin for a period of time. After removing the oil, the region is massaged to enhance circulation.
Kati Vasti Benefits:
- Pain Relief: Minimise lower back pain and stiffness, making it useful for persons suffering from chronic back pain, sciatica, or other lower back disorders.
- Improved Posture: Improves posture and prevention of additional damage to the lower back.
- Muscle Tension Relief: Useful for persons who suffer from muscle spasms or stiffness.
- Improved Flexibility: Improves lower back flexibility and range of motion.
- Improved Circulation: Improves blood flow and circulation to the lower back area, which helps facilitate recovery.
- Overall Relaxation: Very calming therapy and can aid in stress reduction.
Janu Basti is an Ayurvedic therapy used to treat knee joint treatment. The term “janu” means “knee,” while “basti” means “container.” A tiny well is formed around the knee joint area during a Janu Basti treatment using dough made of black gram flour or wheat flour. The well is then filled with warm therapeutic oil, which is allowed to soak into the skin for a period of time. After removing the oil, the region is massaged to enhance circulation.
Janu Basti Benefits:
- Pain Relief: relieve knee joint pain and stiffness, useful for persons suffering from chronic knee pain, arthritis, or other knee joint diseases.
- Improved Mobility: The therapy may aid in the improvement of mobility and range of motion in the joint area.
- Muscle Tension Relief: reduce muscle tension around the knee joint, making it useful for patients who suffer from muscle spasms or tightness.
- Improved Circulation: help to improve blood flow and circulation to the knee joint area, which promote healing.
- Preventative Maintenance: prevent further damage to the knee joint area, beneficial for knee joint injuries or those who put stress on the knee joint.
- Overall Relaxation: therapy is highly relaxing and help in minimise stress and tension in the body.
Greeva Vasti refers to a treatment in which medicated oils are poured and pooled for a set period of time in a chamber or cabin built over the neck or nape of the neck (back side of the neck) area with wet black gram flour, covering the cervical region (nape of the neck / over the neck bones). In Sanskrit, “Greeva” means “neck” and “Vasti” means “to hold”. Greeva Vasti literally translates as “to hold medicinal oil in the neck.
Greeva Vasti Benefits:
- Pain Relief: Neck pain and stiffness is relieaved, beneficial for those with chronic neck pain,
- Improved Mobility and circulation: Improve mobility by increasing blood circulation and lubricating the cervical vertebrae..
- Muscle Tension Relief: Reduces inflammation and encourages relaxation there by relieve muscle tension around the neck joints.
- Induce Sleep: Improves sleep and strengthens the immune system
- Overall Relaxation: The therapy is deeply relaxing and promotes overall health and happiness
Elakizhi is an Ayurvedic treatment that consists of a therapeutic massage with herbs leaves and oils. “Ela” means “leaves,” and “kizhi” means “bundle.” Herbal leaves are fried with various medicinal oils, tied into little bundles, and then used to massage the entire body during an Elakizhi therapy.
- Pain relief: relieve pain in the muscles, joints, and bones.
- Improved circulation: improve blood circulation throughout the body.
- Reduced inflammation: reduce inflammation in the body.
- Improved skin health: improve the health of the skin by removing toxins and promoting cell regeneration.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: reduce stress and anxiety by promoting relaxation and improving sleep.
- Enhanced immunity: enhance the body’s immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells.
- Overall health and well-being: improve overall health and well-being by promoting relaxation, detoxification, and circulation.
Upanaham is an Ayurvedic therapy in which a warm herbal paste is applied to a specific location of the body and covered with a bandage or cloth. The herbal paste is produced from a variety of medicinal herbs, oils, and other natural substances and is thought to have therapeutic properties for the body.
- Pain Relief: help with pain relief in the muscles, joints, and bones.
- Reduced inflammation: aid in the reduction of inflammation in the body.
- Improved Circulation: improvement of blood circulation throughout the body., which can promote healing and rejuvenation.
- Improved skin health: By eliminating toxins and encouraging cell regeneration, Upanaham can assist to improve skin health.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: By promoting relaxation and increasing sleep, Upanaham can help to reduce tension and anxiety.
- Overall health and well-being: By increasing relaxation, cleansing, and circulation, Upanaham can assist to promote overall health and well-being.
Hridaya Basti is an Ayurvedic therapy in which a heated herbal oil is applied to the chest region and covered with a dough dam. The dough dam is formed of flour and water and is wrapped around the heart region, producing a reservoir to keep the heated herbal oil in place. The therapy is thought to be beneficial to the heart and circulatory system.
Hridaya Basti Benefits:
- Improved Heart Health: improve heart function, blood circulation, and general cardiovascular health.
- Stress Reduction: relieve stress and anxiety, making it useful for people who suffer from stress-related heart diseases.
- Improved Respiratory Function: aid in the improvement of respiratory function, useful for patients suffering from respiratory disorders.
- Improved Digestion: aid digestion and metabolism, making it useful for persons suffering from digestive disorders.
- Improved Immunity: improve the immune system, making it useful for persons who are susceptible to infections or illnesses.
- Relaxation: Hridaya Basti is very calming and can aid in the reduction of stress and tension in the body and mental health..
Pichu is an Ayurvedic palliative treatment used to cure medical conditions. Pichu means sponging or cushioning in Ayurveda, and the massage is unique since it is based on old Ayurvedic teachings. The Pichu ayurveda treatment belongs to the “external application of medicated oils” group, commonly known as Bahya Snehana.
- Pain Relief: Relieves migraines and sleeplessness, and also treats spondylosis
- Relaxation: Reduces scalp illnesses and the burning sensation induced by scalp infections
- Improved Blood Circulation: Prevents hair loss, split ends, and premature greying.
- Reduce Neck stiffness: Improves cognition, reduces eye strain, and relaxes stiff neck
- Reduce Neurological problems : Aid in the treatment of neurological and psychological diseases such as facial palsy and paralysis.
Podikizhi is an Ayurvedic therapy that involves receiving massages with little herbal bags containing unique herbal powders. The bags are known as “kizhis” and are handmade from a variety of medicinal herbs. The kizhis are heated before being applied to the body and massaged into the skin.
- Improves circulation: improvement of blood circulation thus reduction of inflammation in the body.
- Relieves pain: help with pain relief in the muscles, joints, and bones by strengthening muscles.
- Improve skin health: By eliminating toxins and encouraging cell renewal
- Promotes relaxation: By inducing relaxation and increasing sleep, by reducing tension and anxiety.
- Overall health and well-being: By promoting relaxation, cleansing, and circulation, Podikizhi can assist to promote overall health and well-being.
Pizhichil translates as “to squeeze.” Using a combination of oil and heat therapy. also known as “Thailadhara” The herbal oil is heated to a calming temperature before the treatment begins. The entire procedure entails pouring continuous streams of lukewarm herbal oils (or ghee) over the body for a set period of time. The body is simultaneously massaged to promote perspiration and discharge impurities.
- Relieves tension and anxiety: The warm herbal oil used in Pizhichil has a relaxing impact on the body and helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Improves circulation: aid to promote blood and lymphatic circulation, which can help to reduce inflammation and improve general health.
- Pain Relief: reduce muscle and joint pain by lowering inflammation and increasing circulation.
- Improves skin health: aid to moisturise the skin and improve its texture and tone.
- Boosts immune system: helps to enhance the immune system by reducing stress and increasing general health and well-being.
- Enhances mental clarity and focus: It improves mental clarity and concentrate, making it an excellent therapy for those suffering from cognitive or neurological issues.
Dhanyamla Dhara is an Ayurvedic therapy in which a warm, medicated solution called Dhanyamla is poured over the body in a continuous stream. Dhanyamla is created by fermenting grains and herbs in water for several days. This therapy is well-known for cleansing, renewing, and replenishing the body.
Dhanyamla Dhara Benefits:
- Detoxification: The fermented solution used in this therapy is extremely good at removing toxins from the body.
- Relief from joint pain: relieve joint pain and stiffness caused by disorders such as arthritis.
- Improved digestion: improve digestion and relieve symptoms like bloating and constipation.
- Skin health: By increasing circulation and eliminating pollutants, enhance the general health and skin tone.
- Mental calmness: have a relaxing impact on the mind, lowering stress and encouraging relaxation.
- Improved immunity: enhance the immune system and guard against a variety of illnesses and infections.