Book An Appointment
The Role of Ayurvedic Medicine in Respiratory Diseases
Respiratory diseases, despite their primary impact on the respiratory system, are heavily influenced by stress and immunity. Our gut plays a critical role in immunity. As a result, your stomach troubles, stress, and respiratory disorders are all interconnected. The whole approach of Ayurveda comes in handy here. Ayurveda constantly treats the person rather than the illness. Your respiratory system, digestive system, metabolism, immunity, and mind will all be evaluated and treated during an Ayurvedic consultation. Herbs, lifestyle changes, detox treatments, and other treatments that can help address the key root causes of disease and various organs at the same time will be prescribed as needed. Ayurveda in general is quite efficient at increasing immunity and reducing stress. That’s why, in the case of chronic respiratory illnesses, Ayurveda is more beneficial.
Root causes of respiration:
A digestive imbalance (agni) has recently been shown to be caused by the gut, which contains 70–80% of our immune tissues. However, Ayurveda has long held that an imbalance in your gut is the root cause of respiratory diseases.
Toxin accumulation can lead to infections and disorders of the respiratory system due to air pollution, extreme or rapid weather changes, and other factors.
Allergic nature and/or low immunity: As the toxins in the system rise, the body becomes intolerant to and allergic to various substances. detox, increases metabolism, and boosts immunity.
Stress: Your mental and emotional state is directly related to the worsening and/or relapse of respiratory disorders. Stress management is important for respiratory problems. Stress increases the imbalance in the system. Correcting the imbalance with lifestyle changes, meditation, Ayurvedic massage treatments, and other methods can help manage stress.
common respiratory disorders:
- Obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Allergies to the lungs
- Hay fever and sinusitis
- Polyp in the nasal cavity
- Nasal septum deviates
Ayurveda can help in the following ways:
1. Ayurvedic herbs: Aid in the control of infection and/or disease, as well as the improvement of respiratory function and metabolism. To optimise results, herbs that boost metabolism and immunity are sometimes used with respiratory herbs.
2. Ayurvedic lifestyle and diet: Aids in metabolism, stress reduction, relapse prevention/reduction, and metabolism iheadachesnt.
3. Ayurvedic detox treatments: Aids in the detoxification of the system and the control of respiratory disorders. Nasya (Ayurvedic nasal cleanse) is crucial.
4. Ayurvedic massage treatment: Aid in metabolism, immunity, and stress reduction. Ayurvedic steam therapies are very beneficial for respiratory illnesses. More information on Ayurvedic massage treatments can be found here.
Panchakarma therapy is a recommended procedure for treating respiratory issues.
- Vamana (Induced vomiting) The emesis treatment uses therapeutic vomiting to eliminate the extra mucus. It is advised for people who have asthma, tonsillitis, sinusitis, or a cold.
- Purgation (Virechana) Purgation therapy removes toxins from the body.
- Vasti (Enema) which has two methods: Asthapana (Decoction enema) and Anuvasana (Oil enema).
- Nasyam (nasal drop instillation) The therapeutic oil drops are delivered through the nostrils.
It is the most suggested method since it flushes out all of the stored humour in the throat, sinuses, nose, and head. It should be done every morning and evening to release the obstructed substance in the respiratory system.
In conclusion-Ayurvedic respiratory disease therapy uses a pure and authentic strategy that heals humans naturally and without negative effects. The ancient medical discipline, with its long-defined Vedas knowledge, emphasises adopting a healthy living programme rather than just prescribing long-term reliance on medications, as another biomedical system proposes.
As a result, choosing Ayurvedic treatment is one of the best and safest options for long-term outcomes.
If you or a loved one are suffering from respiratory diseases and are seeking an alternative treatment option, consider Sai Ayush Ayurveda Hospital. With over 40 years of experience, our expert doctors specialize in the best Kerala Panchakarma treatment available.
Our hospital is equipped with 24/7 doctor services and female doctors are also available for those who prefer it. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our patients’ well-being, and offer 24/7 follow-up to ensure their treatment plan is effective.
At Sai Ayush Ayurveda Hospital, we have built an exclusive hospital dedicated to providing the best Kerala Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment available. If you are interested in learning more or scheduling a consultation, please contact us today.