Book An Appointment
ayurvedic body types
The understanding that health is not a “one size fits all” notion is essential to Ayurvedic wellbeing and recovery.
In Indian Ayurveda, there are three bodily types: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The doshas are biological energy that exist throughout the human body and psyche. They govern bodily and mental processes and provide an individual blueprint for wellness to each living creature. These doshas are drawn from nature’s five elements and their associated attributes, with Vata being composed of space and air, Pitta of fire and water, and Kapha of earth and wate
Vata Dosha (Wind energy)
- The vata dosha is derived from the components of space and air and is recognised as the moving energy that governs all biological activity in the body.
- People with vata dosha are typically lively, creative, and have a natural capacity to express and communicate.
- When vata is in balance, they are quick learners, have a bright and cheerful attitude, and are full of excitement and enthusiasm.
- When vata is out of balance, individuals begin to act on impulse, have mood swings, and react to stress with fear, anxiety, and concern.
- Body diseases associated with dryness of skin, dry cough, constipation, lower back discomfort, menstruation disorders, and abdominal pain are other prominent indicators of vata imbalance.
Download Free Vata Diet Chart
Pitta (Fire energy)
- Dosha Pitta dosha is the digestive and metabolic energy in the body.
- It works by using carriers such as organic acids, hormones, enzymes, and bile.
- Pitta is primarily found in the small intestines, stomach, liver, spleen, pancreas, blood, and eyes.
- It is known to produce heat and energy to the body through the breakdown of complex dietary molecules and to manage all conversion and transformation processes in the mind and body.
- Pitta people are usually clever and are ruled by the emotions of joy, willpower, courage, wrath, jealousy, and mental perception.
Download Free Pitta Diet Chart
Kapha Dosha (Water energy)
- Kapha dosha is the energy of construction and lubrication that gives the body physical form, structure, and the smooth operation of all its parts.
- Kapha is mostly found in the chest, throat, lungs, head, fatty tissues, connective tissues, ligaments, and tendons.
- In nature, Kapha people are typically loving, easygoing, relaxed, and leisurely paced.
- They have a graceful appearance and are sympathetic and nonjudgmental.
- They are said to be possessive by nature and hence cling on to things and people for a long period of time.
Download Free Kapha Diet Chart
Understanding one’s dosha assists in the development of health, vigour, and happiness. It also helps to understand how elements manifest in the body and mind, as well as how they respond to lifestyle factors. One can construct a happy life by using external factors to synchronise our elemental systems.